Intelligence Analyst, Lead (MV) - 35292
Company: Alion Science and Technology Corporation
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Under the general direction of an Associate Principal
Intelligence Analyst, and/or Program Manager, and within the scope
of work derived from a contract with a government customer, the
Lead Intelligence Analyst performs multi-faceted assignments
requiring the analysis and synthesis of complex systems and
projects. A trained and seasoned intelligence professional that
advises, assists, and drives open source collection and analysis
for geographic combatant commands (GCC), theater sub-unified
commands, and theater special operations command (TSOC) priorities
in the U.S. Indo-Pacific Command (INDOPACOM) area of
responsibility. The Lead Intelligence Analyst assists in the
development of open source collection efforts through all source
analysis and provides input to the Commander through intelligence
products, fused operational support packages, and briefings. They
must be an expert in their respective field and in certain client
communities, which requires a thorough knowledge of applicable
operational mission areas and national defense requirements. Duties
- Apply extensive operational and analytical background
experience gained from intelligence and special operations military
service and leadership roles.
- Exhibit proficiency in analytic theory and principles gained
during interagency, joint, and combined operations at tactical,
operational, strategic, and national levels to solve current and/or
future mission needs and to correct problem areas.
- Prepare, consolidate, and disseminate reports and briefings to
include point papers, threat assessments, fused analytic products,
target development and/or target support packages, operational
security and force protection requirements, and operational CONOPS
in support of conventional force (CF) and Special Operations Forces
(SOF) missions and deployments.
- Gather publicly available information (PAI) on trends,
behaviors, events, and directed global developments. Generate
assessments, media synopsis reports, or other products that span
the GCC area of responsibility, with emphasis in specific customer
- Perform advanced open source/PAI research and analysis to
determine adversarial operating characteristics and/or
- Conduct social media research and analysis on adversary
influence operations, their vulnerabilities, and our ability to
- Employ advanced analytical tools and processes in conjunction
with open source/PAI analysis to generate historical and predictive
representations of threat entities within the social media
- Participate in operational coordination and analytical
implementation teams, working groups, special activities, readiness
exercises, training, education, and other forums as required to
- Acts as Alion's representative to United States (US) military
and Partner Nation Force (PNF) representatives.
- Report to the PM and provide timely and accurate
- Operate in multinational, interagency, joint, and service
- Skilled in data management, to include aggregating large
amounts of information.
- Demonstrate superior writing and presentation skills to develop
briefings, documents, papers, conceptual, and analytical reports
- Maintain and comply with security procedures in the performance
- May provide direction, training, and assistance to other
project staff, as a senior expert in a particular field of
endeavor.Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree plus 8 years of relevant work experience,
master's degree plus 6 years directly relevant work
- In some cases, educational requirements can be adjusted or
waived for more than 15 years of applicable work experience. Work
experience can also be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or
uniquely applicable experience for positions involving complex
- Experience directly supporting Special Operations Forces as a
Senior Intelligence Analyst, or Operations Planner is highly
- Experience in the INDOPACOM AOR or knowledge of INDOPACOM
Priority Intelligence Requirements (PIR) or objectives is highly
desired. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Willingness to work in austere conditions, proven independent
decision-making skills, and experience working in the INDOPACOM,
AFRICOM, CENTCOM, and/or EUCOM AORs highly desirable.
- Must be familiar with Foreign Internal Defense, Unconventional
Warfare, Asymmetrical Warfare, and Counter-Insurgency principles,
Humanitarian and Stability Operations, joint and interagency
doctrine, Information Operations (IO), logistics, communications,
and working with foreign and US military senior leaders.
- Must be able to identify and anticipate challenges and conduct
innovative research and analysis to resolve/mitigate complex and
unconventional problems. Must understand and account for residual
effects of both the problems and proposed solutions.
- Must demonstrate superior oral and written communications. Must
be able to observe effectiveness and adjust communications methods
and techniques based on audience and specific program requirements
- Must be able to prepare intelligence reports, threat
assessments, target packages, briefings, and participate in CF and
SOF mission planning and execution.
- Superior briefing skills with an exceptional reputation and
record of working alongside senior leadership.
- Must be able to produce predictive recommendations and identify
anticipated strategic communications opportunities.
- Acute knowledge of special operations and/or counterterrorism
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have a valid passport and hold current TS with SCI
eligibility. #LI-YS 3*CJ
- Must be open to 25% travel to OCONUS locations and meet COVID
- This is a full-time telecommute position.Security Clearance:
Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info
Keywords: Alion Science and Technology Corporation, Honolulu , Intelligence Analyst, Lead (MV) - 35292, Professions , Aiea, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!