Site Safety Coordinator
Company: Stanley Black & Decker, Inc
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Stanley Access Technologies is recognized as an industry leader
in the manufacturing, installation, and servicing of automatic
doors. Our growing product and service offerings have driven
significant growth for our service business. Join our world class
team of diligent problem solvers, innovators, fresh thinkers, and
communicators who excite and inspire others. We are looking for
energetic, detail-oriented leaders that focus on execution, meet
commitments, break through turf issues, and have a passion to
exceed customer expectations.
Joining the Stanley team means joining one of the world's largest,
fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. As a division of
Stanley Black & Decker we share a rich and storied history dating
back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a
vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised and ready for the
Site Safety Coordinator - SAT Field Operations hasa pivotal role
within the business to drive andembed Environmental, Health and
Safety into the culture of the organization. This includes
championing site EHS efforts in regulatory compliance, injury
prevention, workers compensation, environmental affairs,
environmentally sustainable projects, andrisk management.
Thesuccessful candidate is responsible for advising SAT leadership
on EHS legal requirements as well as apply all aspects of the
Stanley Black & Decker EHS Management System.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understanding, assuring, and maintaining the compliance of all
SAT EHS policies as well as site specific regulatory requirements
and communicating such requirements to the SAT EHS
- Developing, completing, andfiling all necessary documentation
in accordance with applicable regulatory submittals including
permitting applications, reports, fees, andgeneral record
- Developing and coordinating all field environmental, health,
safety, and security programs.
- Leading continuous improvement activities to continue driving a
world class safety culture.
- Daily auditing of SAT EHS policies as well as site specific
- Perform safety reviews, hazard identification and reduction
inspections, accident investigations, andanalyzing injury/illness
trends for implementation of corrective action.
- Conduct safety orientations, weekly toolbox talks, periodic
safety meetings and formal training sessions on a wide range of
- Responsible for making sure that all safety equipment is
properly maintained. Tasks may include periodic facility fire
inspections, getting fire extinguishers charged regularly,
verifying that first aid kits are properly stocked and ensuring
that company vehicles and equipment are serviced following an
- Ensure that workers have proper safety credentials and personal
- Complete daily reports, Job briefings for all teams.
- Random onsite safety spot checks/audits. Creation of report and
associated action items. Follows up on action item resolution with
subcontractor management. Documents resolution.
- Maintain Work Block Permit / AHA paperwork for each team,
preparation, submittal, and management
- Attend HRH/HART safety meetings
- Keeps and maintains LOTO equipment. Develops process and
instruct others on the application of locks. Maintains record of
assignment of locks to personnel and other related paperwork
- Bachelor's or Associates Degree in Environmental Health and
Safety, Environmental Science, or Industrial Hygieneor 3+ years of
applicable experience in lieu of degree
- 3+ years' experience in the construction industry
- Competent Person Training in First Aid / CPR, Fall Protection,
Manlift, Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response
(HAZWOPER), Crane & Rigging, Confined Space, Arc Flash, Scaffolding
and OSHA-30 hours
- Ability to develop and implement processes to ensure the
organization is compliant with internal and external
EH&Srequirements, and toconductsafety andenvironmental incident
- Able to develop and deliver training.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
andother systems as needed (i.e., corporate EHS system).
- Effective writing, presentation, and communication
- Ability to work well in a team-based, collaborative
- Caninfluence, negotiate, mediate, andcoach, while creating
working relationships with many different individuals andacross
many different job categories.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.
Keywords: Stanley Black & Decker, Inc, Honolulu , Site Safety Coordinator, Professions , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!