Development Manager - Site
Company: Howard Hughes
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Ward Village, a Howard Hughes master-planned community, is a
60-acre master-planned community in the heart of Honolulu, located
between downtown and Waik--k--, along O'ahu's south shore. Honoring
the distinct history of its land, Ward Village is at the forefront
of sustainable community development - integrating dynamic
architecture, local culture, and public open space. At full
build-out, the community will include approximately one million
square feet of unique retail and thousands of homes, in what
Architectural Digest named "Best-Planned Community in the United
States."The Howard Hughes Corporation owns, manages and develops
commercial, residential and mixed-use real estate throughout the
U.S. Its award-winning assets include the country's preeminent
portfolio of master planned cities and communities, as well as
operating properties and development opportunities including: the
Seaport District in New York; Columbia, Maryland; The Woodlands -,
The Woodlands Hills -, and Bridgeland - in the Greater Houston,
Texas area; Summerlin -, Las Vegas; and Ward Village - in Honolulu,
Hawai'i. The Howard Hughes Corporation's portfolio is strategically
positioned to meet and accelerate development based on market
demand, resulting in one of the strongest real estate platforms in
the country. Dedicated to innovative place making, the company is
recognized for its ongoing commitment to design excellence and to
the cultural life of its communities. The Howard Hughes Corporation
is traded on the New York Stock Exchange as HHC.POSITION
SUMMARY:The goal of the Development Manager - Site is to assist the
Planning & Development team efforts by reporting to the SVP and
cooperatively interacting with all Development team members. This
individual shall be motivated in making Ward Village the best
community possible through directing the planning, design,
permitting, and development of this award winning master plan
community in Hawaii.ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:LAND
- Manage land survey/subdivision/consolidation efforts with
support from legal team.DUE DILIGENCE
- Coordinate individual project archeological and cultural
monitor efforts - AISP, AIS Fieldwork, and mitigation plans as
- Mange horizontal due diligence efforts (survey, geotechnical,
civil, environmental, traffic, etc.).
- Determine infrastructure capacity and obtain connection
approvals (water, sewer, electrical, etc.).DESIGN MANAGEMENT
- Procure consultants, administer and manage contracts for all
facets of horizontal development.
- Manage horizontal consultant teams for multiple concurrent and
staggered projects within Ward Village.PERMITTING
- As needed, liaison with city, state, and regulatory agencies
with regards to horizontal design and approvals.
- Manage the application and receipt of all horizontal permits,
connection approvals, and reviews including, but not limited to,
NPDES, civil, grading, traffic impact analysis, traffic signal
warrant studies, BWS Water will-serve, DPP Sewer Connection
Applications, and HECO electrical service requests.DEVELOPMENT
- Assist Project Developers with in-house horizontal construction
expertise.KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Four-year degree required, preferably in a related disciplinary
field of civil engineering, electrical or architecture.
- 5+ years' experience with design, construction and/or
development of infrastructure development: roadways, sewer, water,
- Preferred experience with mixed use development: residential
commercial/retail, infrastructure teams
- Experience with working within streets and public
rights-of-ways and dedication of improvements.
- Prior experience with working with State of Hawaii and C&C
- Professional interaction with team members, stakeholders,
government officials and staff.
- Building positive working relationships with employees at all
levels within the organization
- Exercising sound judgment when making decisions.
- Able to meet deadlines as necessary.
- Effectively working with minimal supervision.
- Strong organization and attention to detail skills.
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
- Enjoys being challenged with problem solving/creative
- "Can-do" attitude, pro-active and resourceful.
- Multi-tasking and extensive organization and follow up.
- Must be able to work in a team oriented, fast-paced
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, to
manage projects and people.
- Must be competent in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel
and Word, Adobe, and knowledgeable of Bluebeam.
- Professional dress and demeanor are required.
Keywords: Howard Hughes, Honolulu , Development Manager - Site, Professions , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!