- Respond to and handle guest requests in a courteous, efficient,
- Perform preventive maintenance and necessary repairs all hotel
equipment, including kitchen, laundry, boiler, plumbing, pool,
HVAC, electrical and guest rooms.
- Maintains rooms in optimal operating condition by performing
repairs as needed. Repairs televisions, phones, clock radios, etc.
Replaces or repairs damaged bathroom/kitchen fixtures and executes
general plumbing as needed. Maintains the overall appearance of the
room; replaces broken mirrors, hangs fixtures, does touch-up
painting, etc. Repairs and maintains room's heating/ventilating/air
condition systems. Uses both power and hand tools regularly in a
safe, efficient manner.
- Understands the Room Preventative Maintenance Program. Prepares
preventative maintenance cart for use each day. Performs
preventative maintenance throughout the hotel; including both the
front and heart of house, interior and exterior. Maintains the
condition of hotel lobbies and public areas. Repairs furniture and
decorations as necessary. Repairs carpet, tile and laminates as
necessary. Repairs and maintains laundry/housekeeping equipment.
Repairs/replaces windows and mirrors. Maintains exterior of
buildings and grounds as necessary.
- Maintains operating equipment in working condition by performing
routine equipment checks and repairs.
- Maintains inventory and orders supplies as needed.
- Maintains and assists in the cleanliness of maintenance work
- Assists in the maintenance and cleaning of pool and spas;
handling all pool chemicals in a safe manner.
- Handles master set of keys in accordance to OLS Hotels and
Resorts standards for overall security of hotel.
- Respond to all emergency situations including fire alarms, bomb
threats, disasters and power failures; notify the appropriate
- Make rounds of the hotel property to ensure everything is in
- Complete maintenance requests, take equipment and meter readings
and maintain log to notify the next shift.
- Document all parts used and parts needed to be purchased.
- Handle elevator breakdowns.
- Report any unsafe conditions to the Director of Engineering.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIOS :
- Set up machine and make name tags and signs.
- Assist with maintenance of parking lot and snow removal as
- Make keys as requested
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as
OTHER PERSONNEL ISSUES:
- Abide by payroll policies, procedures (punch in/punch out), Meals
and Rest Periods policy and OLS Rules of Conduct.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all hotel safety and security
procedures as required maintaining a secure and safe environment
for employees as well as guests.
- Report any unusual occurrences and/or request to the General
- Read and abide by all the regulations and rules of conduct stated
in the employee handbook.