Logistics Management Specialist (Ammo)
Company: Air Force Institute of Technology
Posted on: November 24, 2022
The COVID-19 vaccination requirement for federal employees
pursuant to Executive Order 14043 does not currently apply. Some
jobs, however, may be subject to agency- or job-specific
vaccination requirements, so please review the job announcement for
details. Click here for more information.About the Position:
Hawaii is a beautiful state but may be considered to have a high
cost of living. It is highly recommended that research be done
about the cost of living in Hawaii prior to applying. To learn more
about Hawaii, visit https://portal.ehawaii.gov/ .Currently
authorized 9.75% Cost of Living Allowance (COLA), subject to
change.25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this
position.Yes-You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation
expenses in accordance with agency policy.See "Who May Apply" in
the "Qualifications" section for more information on who is
eligible to apply for this position.
- You will serve as a functional subject matter expert, who
provides guidance and staff level oversight of geographically
dispersed Logistics Readiness Centers (LRCs) under the cognizance
of ASC, Army Field Support Brigade (AFSB) area of support
- You will provide program oversight to assure timely operational
support and integration of new logistical or changing concepts and
to develop methods and techniques required for program
- You will determine necessary actions to plan, establish and
develop overall operational logistics criteria and ensure
allocation and proper use of resources.
- You will serve as the subject matter expert on conventional
munitions and ammunition facilities operations.
- You will analyze and evaluate situation reports from LRCs which
define findings and problems, and recommend resolutions and actions
required to correct the situation.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness
determination, as determined by a completed background
- Incumbent must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security
- Position requires temporary duty (TDY) business travel
approximately 25% of the time. Travel may include site visits in
- Position requires incumbent to obtain and maintain an Official
- Incumbent must obtain and maintain training certification IAW
AMCR 350-4, Training and Certification Program for Personnel
Working in Ammunition Operations. Training must be scheduled within
90 days of assignment.Qualifications Who May Apply: Only applicants
who meet one of the employment authority categories below are
eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which
category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which
prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof
of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for
all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements
described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience,
including volunteer work done through National Service programs
(e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g.,
professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community;
student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying
experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must
clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on
education, your transcripts will be required as part of your
application. Additional information about transcripts is in this
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which
includes analyzing ammunition maintenance and storage strategies to
determine solutions to logistics problems; developing munitions and
ammunition strategies to cover the full scope of logistics support;
providing guidance on the integration of logistical programs. This
definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed
at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in
the following areas:
- Manages and Organizes Information
- Planning and Evaluating
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General
Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks
of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-12).
EducationSome federal jobs allow you to substitute your education
for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you
must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no
substitution of education for experience is permitted.Additional
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a
Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department
of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested
in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the
Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 33 position.
- You may claim military spouse preference (MSP).
- If a MSP applicant is determined best qualified and selected,
placement must be at the full performance level for priority
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you
do not have in electronic form, view the following link for
information regarding an Alternate Application .
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is
authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel
- Defense National Relocation Program will not be
- Further certification from this announcement may take place up
to 90 days beyond the closing date of this announcement.
- Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in
this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may
affect the overall rating.You will be evaluated for this job based
on how well you meet the qualifications above.Once the announcement
has closed, a review of your application package (resume,
supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be
used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements
listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your
r--sum-- and supporting documentation will be compared against your
responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level
of experience. If, after reviewing your r--sum-- and/or supporting
documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your
qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for
this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when
applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive
awards in your resume as that information may be taken into
consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be
required to provide supporting documentation.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you
are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency
has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee
eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection
priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you
must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated
well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate
documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered
well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must
satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive
a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is
on OPM's Career Transition Resources website .
Keywords: Air Force Institute of Technology, Honolulu , Logistics Management Specialist (Ammo), Professions , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!