Forklift Operator, Let Down - $2,500 Sign on Bonus
Company: Sysco Corp
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Company: US0424 Sysco HawaiiZip Code:96819Minimum Years of
Experience:1 YearEmployment Type:Full TimeTravel Percentage:General
Summary :This is an Operations position responsible for stocking
received merchandise in the appropriate location, operating and
maintaining equipment associated with warehouse activity and
performing other related duties as required.Essential Skills and
- Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable
words and to recognize similarities and differences between words
and between series of numbers.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Computer skills.Essential Duties :
- Operates electric forklift, which requires moving levers and
pressing pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting
apparatus in the cooler, freezer, and dry spaces.
- Unloads/loads pallets of products using pallet jacks and
- Stores and removes pallets of products from rack
- Puts product in overflow locations.
- Hand stacks product onto/off of pallets and into packing
locations as required.
- Maintains a clean work environment by performing duties of
sweeping, ice removal, scrubbing with rags and brushes, and
removing trash as required.
- Transfers any leftover items to the Home slot at the end of the
- Cleans up aisles and pick up leftover pallets at the end of the
- Performs duties of order selector as needed.Minimum
- Age 18+
- High school diploma/GED or 6 months related warehouse
experience or training
- 6 months of warehouse distribution experience
- Ability to work nightsPreferred Requirements:
- Previous stand-up forklift experienceCompetencies :To be
successful in this position, the individual performing the duties
must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able
to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time;
Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at
meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments;
Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals;
Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of
others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not
blaming; Maintains confidentiality.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles;
Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for
own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve
performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in
timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports
potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able
to build morale and group commitments to goals and
objectives.Physical Demands The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and
talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to
50 -80 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to handle up to 80 lbs.Work Environment The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid
conditions; moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently
exposed to high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally
exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work
environment is usually loud.EEO/AA EmployerBENEFITS INFORMATION:For
information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
https://SyscoBenefits.comHOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES COVID-19
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in
placeOVERVIEW:Sysco is the global leader in foodservice
distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over
13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution
facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer
locations.We offer our associates the opportunity to grow
personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a
dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds
their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working
individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you
why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
STATEMENT: Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the
United States.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability,
veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state
or local law.This opportunity is available through Sysco
Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco Corp, Honolulu , Forklift Operator, Let Down - $2,500 Sign on Bonus, Professions , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!