Corporate Advanced Analyst II (Data Scientist)
Posted on: November 26, 2022
- Data Science, Advanced Analytics and Technical Expertise:
- Performs advanced data analysis to address complex business
questions, applies advanced data programming and statistical
methodologies where applicable. Documents and communicates analytic
strategies, methods and results, and findings and impacts. Guides
and trains staff in advanced techniques.
- Determines what kind of analytics will be performed
(descriptive, predictive, prescriptive.) and defines/documents
- Where appropriate, applies linear regression (correlation,
contingency table, ANOVA, inference, chi-square, t-test) and/or
time series methods (data set-up, conversions, trends,
decomposition, models, forecasts, confidence).
- Utilizes appropriate tools to load, integrate, and analyze
- Conducts analysis and documents findings, identifies unexpected
anomalies and root cause (if possible) and determines if analysis
can continue, identifies alternatives if anomalies cannot be
- Ensures reproducibility of outcomes
- Documents entire analysis process, including business problem,
data sources, methods and tools used, project reference, and
- Implements pre-emptive actions, where possible.
- Training and Resource Development:
- Develops training materials and mentors/trains others on one or
more of the following tools:
- OLAP tool (i.e. MicroStrategy)
- Regression methods
- Time series
- Data visualization
- Excel charts, pivot tables, macros
- SAS, R, or SQL
- Data Management:
- Reviews data sources and preps needed data.
- Identifies existing and new data sources.
- Performs data prototyping, if necessary, to agree what data
can/not be used.
- Preps data for use in analysis, goes back to source if problems
are found, and identifies other options/alternatives if problems
cannot be resolved.
- Performs review of data to ensure completeness/accuracy for the
purpose of the analysis.
- Ensures existing, approved, corporate tools used can
accept/integrate the data.
- Where necessary (and if practical to be done within the
delivery timeframe of a project), facilitates the identification
and use of new tools and works with the Technical Review Committee
to authorize its use.
- Project Definition and Coordination:
- Lead meetings with internal and external customers to clearly
articulate and define business problem(s) of high complexity and
impact (corporate priorities, cross function or cross departmental
projects, and strategic external partners).
- Types of projects include descriptive and predictive
- Applies a whole company perspective, draws upon previous
knowledge and experience, and -- where necessary -- researches
new/other approaches to identify and agree upon objectives,
approach, and success measures.
- Works with customer to submit appropriate paperwork (ISS, TPDR,
etc.) and ensures necessary agreements are in place for external
- Defines delivery milestones and negotiates timeframes, monitors
progress, and periodically notifies customer of status.
- Effective Communication:
- Works with multiple department heads and/or external customers
to prepare/present findings that are informative and audience
- Reviews findings and outcomes with customer, ensures business
problem/objectives have been met, and prepares documentation of the
- Where necessary, manage divergent views in the audience and
advises the internal/external customer on any recommendations or
options that will facilitate data and analysis driven decision
- Prepares a presentation of the analysis, process followed, and
reviews it with the customer to ensure the results are audience
- Other Duties/Functions:
- Performs all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as
assigned or directed.
- Trains others on MicroStrategy and Excel.
- Functions as a team player within the department and embodies
Keywords: HMSA, Honolulu , Corporate Advanced Analyst II (Data Scientist), Professions , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!