Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Americas
Company: Canonical Group Ltd
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Next-gen operations at scale, with pure Python infra-as-code,
from bare metal to containers and applications. Our goal is to
perfect enterprise infrastructure devops.
We run hundreds of private cloud, Kubernetes, and application
clusters for customers across physical and public cloud estate, and
we are raising the bar on what's possible with automation by
embracing a universal operator pattern and model-driven
To succeed in this role you need to believe in automation as a pure
software engineering problem, not a hack-it-till-it-works-for-me
problem. You need to be interested in the scientific approach to
operations at scale, driven by metrics and code, and you need to be
able to learn the entire stack, from bare metal networking and
kernel up to serverless and open source applications.
Site Reliability Engineer
Our site reliability engineers bring Python software-engineering
skills and rigour to the operations domain. We practice devsecops
from bare metal to application. We architect and run OpenStack,
Kubernetes and software defined storage, and we enable devsecops
for applications running on that infrastructure too.
To become a member of this team, you need to be a software engineer
fluent in Python, you need a genuine interest in the full open
source infrastructure stack from metal to containers, and you need
the ability to work in a high pressure operations environment with
mission-critical services for global brand name customers.
As a member of the team you will gain experience in a broad range
of cloud technologies. We evolve our offerings as the state of the
art improves, so you get to stay current with the latest
capabilities in open source infrastructure. We drive upgrades to
keep our customers on the latest, best solutions.
What Canonical Offers
- Technical management team that understands the details of what
we are developing
- A culture of openness and inclusiveness
- Helpful and talented engineers who are world-class experts in
- Teams focused on good work life balance with long average
- A wide range of engineering disciplines and career paths that
can move between divisions
- Fully remote company for career growth without relocation
- Software Engineering or Computer Science degree
- Linux experience and familiarity with Linux networking and
- Python software development experience
- Demonstrated drive for continual learning
- Devops experience
Nice to haves
- Experience with OpenStack or Kubernetes deployment or
- We hope that you'll join us in helping to shape and build the
future of free software together
Of course we also offer...
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination.
Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a
better work environment and better products. Whatever your we will
give your application fair consideration.
Keywords: Canonical Group Ltd, Honolulu , Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Americas, Professions , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!