Posted on: January 24, 2023
Responsible for analysis, design, development, integration,
maintenance and support of applications. Responsibilities include,
but may not be limited to, the following:
- Leads and/or participates in the project planning process with
clients, business analysts and team members.
- Assists in the development of work plan timelines. May manage
workflows to meet sub-project timeframes.
- Identifies system requirements.
- Complies with architecture processes, principles, policies and
- Assists in buy vs. build recommendations. Provides input into
evaluation of system options, risk, cost versus benefits, and
impacts on business processes and goals.
- May evaluate and provide recommendations for application
- Designs moderately complex solutions.
- May develop technical specifications for applications. Makes
recommendations for the development of new code or reuse of
- May identify best sources of data and works with data
architects to ensure feasibility with corporate data sources, when
- May extract data from multiple sources. May design and
implement complex data transformations. May load transformed data
into information management system. May adjust ETL processes to
maximize efficiency of business user queries.
- Utilizes middleware tools for designing and developing
solutions when required.
- May develop or modify application components using disciplined
software development processes.
- Complies with quality standards and procedures. Participates in
software inspections and quality reviews.
- May conduct unit testing to ensure application meets
specifications. Implements integration test plans.
- Documents new or modified components, testing
activities/results and other areas such as application-wide error
handling and backup/recovery procedures.
- Provides ongoing maintenance of applications.
- Analyzes existing applications to identify and document
opportunities for improvements.
- May make integrated components production ready by moving them
to libraries, completing forms, following procedures, completing
version control documents, etc.
- Provides Tier II (application) support. May provide Tier III
level support. Troubleshoots existing systems to identify errors or
deficiencies and develops solutions.
- May provide technical coaching and mentoring to less
experienced team members.
Keywords: HMSA, Honolulu , System Analyst, Professions , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!