Senior Data Analyst
Company: Torch Technologies Inc.
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Share this job as a link in your status update to LinkedIn.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Torch Technologies.
We are a 100% employee-owned, Certified Great Place To Work
headquartered in Huntsville, AL with over 1300 employee-owners. Our
team provides superior research, development, and engineering
services to the Federal Government and Department of Defense. As
one of the nation's top 100 defense companies, the services we
provide directly support the men and women who serve our country.
Our corporate mission sums up the pride our employee-owners take in
the work we do: "Lighting the Pathway of Freedom". And, as a
Certified Evergreen ESOP, we have made the commitment to grow and
sustain our company for the next 100 years! Come grow with us! Job
Title Senior Data Analyst Location Job Description In general, the
data analyst will collect and store data on personnel, equipment,
finance, logistics, etc. and bring technical expertise to ensure
the quality and accuracy of that data, then process, design, and
present it in ways to help people, businesses, and organizations
make better decisions.
The analyst will support USPACFLT Headquarters located at Oahu,
Hawaii, and their subordinate commands such as U.S. 3rd Fleet in
San Diego, California, and U.S. 7th Fleet in Japan.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage master data, including creation, updates, and
- Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with
quality assurance analysts if necessary.
- Commission and decommission of data sets.
- Perform analysis to assess quality and meaning of data.
- Process classified data and information according to
- Manage and designing the reporting environment, including data
sources, security, and metadata.
- Support the data warehouse in identifying and revising
- Support initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Create and maintain reports in various formats including
interactive visualizations from single or multiple systems.
- Troubleshoot the reporting database environment and
- Train end-users on new reports and dashboards.
- Provide technical expertise in data storage structures, data
mining, and data cleansing. Job Requirements Required
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in
Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering or
- 5+ years' experience mining data as a data analyst.
- Proven analytic skills, including mining, evaluation, analysis,
- Technical writing experience in relevant areas, including
queries, reports, and presentations.
- Strong SQL, MS Excel, and MS Access skills including creating
tables and queries, formulas, power queries, pivots, macros, and
data connections; Or the ability to quickly learn these as well as
other analytical tools.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks and
areas of improvement.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical,
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for
managing large-scale databases.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven success in working in a collaborative, team-oriented
- 5 years of experience (8 years preferred) with at least a
portion of the experience within the last 2 years This position
description is not intended as exhaustive of all responsibilities,
skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job.
Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities at anytime. COVID Policy: In accordance with the
Executive Order 14042 on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols
for Federal Contractors, Torch Technologies is obligated to comply
with the requirements that all employees be vaccinated from
COVID-19. Prospective and/or new employees will be required to be
fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination status or have an
approved legal accommodation as a condition of employment prior to
the start of employment. If you are a qualified individual with a
disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a
reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your
ability to use or access
https://torchtechnologies.hua.hrsmart.com/ats as a result of your
disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by sending an
email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your
interest in Torch Technologies.
Keywords: Torch Technologies Inc., Honolulu , Senior Data Analyst, Professions , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!