Company: GSI Service Group, Inc.
Posted on: September 15, 2023
CONSTRUCTION - CHIEF ESTIMATOR
This position shall require site visits around the country and
overseas. The Chief Estimator is responsible for evaluating scope
of work, performing quantity takeoffs, attending site visits, and
preparing the cost estimates for construction projects and site
work. Typical scope of work in cost estimating includes foundation,
structural, process mechanical and pipe work, electrical and
instrumentation. This individual will also assist project managers
and project quality control managers with procurement of
subcontractors and vendors, preparing subcontracts, and attending
meetings (both pre-con and onsite).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate and supervise estimating efforts.
- Consult with clients, vendors, and other in-house personnel to
discuss and formulate estimates and resolve preconstruction
- Identify risk issues and their order of magnitude.
- Review estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness
prior to submission.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and
subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Develop scopes of work for lower tier suppliers and
subcontractors to price for inclusion in overall estimate.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services,
tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and
- Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour
and related cost data or to effect cost reduction.
- Provide technical support with contract negotiations and change
orders. Minimum Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
- Minimum ten (10) years of field and office estimating/ project
- Multi-craft experience in all construction areas, including
mechanical, piping, structural and electrical.
- Excellent organizational, decision making, and problem solving
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and supervise estimating
- Ability to maintain regular work attendance and timeliness on a
- Ability to conduct business with a positive attitude and
project a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, speak
effectively before groups of customers or employees, and
communicate clearly and persuasively in both positive and negative
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely
- Ability to gather and analyze information skillfully to develop
Keywords: GSI Service Group, Inc., Honolulu , CHIEF ESTIMATOR, Professions , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!