PLC Controls Technician 1 * EVENINGS
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: November 17, 2023
$26.66 / hour to view our Maintenance Mechanic Job Preview
$26.66 / hour * FULL TIME * EVENINGS
Strong electrical and programming background knowledge is
--Position is responsible for designing, programming, repairing,
and maintaining programmable logic controller (PLC) systems used
within Pepsi bottling/processing facilities. Inspects equipment for
proper functioning and performs preventative maintenance duties per
manufacturer's specifications. May support repairs and
installations for other advanced production/manufacturing
equipment. May mentor and provide support to less experienced
technicians. Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and makes more
complicated repairs or adjustments as needed. This position
requires continuous work near heat, noise, gas, and chemicals. The
position requires frequent lifting, climbing, standing, walking,
crouching, squatting, bending and kneeling. The position may
require weekend and/or holiday work.
- Perform preventative maintenance on PLC systems
- Program or perform repairs on PLC systems
- Perform preventative maintenance or repairs on more advanced
production equipment as neededPerform breakdown analysis
- Oversee or perform general housekeeping
- Upgrade production lines with new/upgraded
- Direct activities of outside contractors working on assigned
- Change line for package changeovers
- Enforce GMP, safety, and audit standards
- Work independently under limited supervision
- Documentation of work schedule and work tasks completed
- 18 years or older
- Pass technical assessment addressing job-critical maintenance
- Experience with basic electrical systems (e.g., starters,
fuses, contacts, relays).
- Experience with electrical systems (installation, frequency
- Experience with electronics (e.g., level probes, flow meters,
- Experience with PLC (e.g., industrial maintenance, computer
control systems, etc.).
- Experience with product manuals (e.g., reading and applying
knowledge to make repairs).
- Experience with schematics (e.g., electrical blueprints with
switches, starters, maps, relays).
- Experience with troubleshooting (e.g., diagnostics, problem
- Experience with mechanical systems (e.g., gear boxes, chains,
sprockets, motors, seals, bearings).
- Experience with compressors/ammonia systems (e.g.,
- Experience with conveyers and airveyors (air cylinders,
diverters, sensors, motor/speed controls).
- Experience with gearing and gear boxes (rebuilds, ordering
parts, machining parts).
- Experience with hydraulic systems (high pressure cylinders,
pumps, valves, troubleshooting).
- Experience with kinematics (e.g., line speed/sprocket size
ratios, etc.).Review rating instructions.
- Experience with packaging/high speed production (e.g.,
bottling, consumer products, etc.).
- Experience with pneumatics (solenoids, cylinders, motor brakes,
- Experience with pneumatics/air compression (e.g., valves,
- Experience with preventative maintenance (computerized
- Experience with pumps (e.g., troubleshooting, replacing
seals/motors, understanding specs).
- Experience with SERVO (e.g., intelligent/robotic motors,
- Experience with troubleshooting mechanical breakdowns
(pinpointing and fixing breakdowns).
- Experience with reading mechanical drawings (e.g., hydraulics,
- Experience working in team based environments (working together
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws,
including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections
4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal
Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Honolulu , PLC Controls Technician 1 * EVENINGS, Professions , Aiea, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!