Banking New Accounts and Loans - Member Services Representative
Company: University of Hawaii FCU
Posted on: June 23, 2022
DO YOU WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?Join a spirited, dynamic team
with Hawai`i's leading credit union as we make a difference in our
community - providing financial value, exceptional service, and
state-of-the-art convenience to our members. Position Title: Member
Services Representative Department: Member Services FLSA
Classification: Non-ExemptReports To: Assistant Member Relationship
ManagerEmployee BenefitsIn addition to competitive pay, we are
proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package.
- Paid Employee Medical And Dental Insurance; UHFCU pays 100% Of
The Base Employee Coverage
- Medical and Dental Plan Premium Waiver Option
- Eleven (11) Company Paid Federal Holidays Plus Four (4) Company
Paid Personal Holidays
- Eligible to Earn Ten (10) Days Paid Vacation; Increases With
Years Of Service
- Paid Sick Leave
- 401(k) Retirement With Employer Match And Profit Sharing
- Employee Loan Discount
- UHFCU Subsidizes 50% For Monthly Bus Pass
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Healthcare and Dependent Care
- Credit Union-Paid Benefits Such As Group Term Life With
AD&D Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance And Long Term
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Internal and External Professional Development
- And Many More!Position Purpose: This high profile member
contact position services members and potential (members) through
face-to-face and telephone contact. Introduces and cross-sells
products and services by opening share/share draft and loan
accounts, explaining credit union policies, furnishing account
statuses, processing loan applications, opening CD's and IRA's; is
responsible for the complete and accurate execution of these
- Assists members in accurately opening new accounts.
- Performs monetary transactions.
- Complies with all requirements of the credit union's Customer
- Identifies and cross-service/sell additional products and
services to meet member needs.
- Assists members in accurately setting up direct deposits.
- Opens, processes, and closes IRA accounts (share and
- Assists members with consumer loan requests in accordance with
current loan procedures.
- Assists in closing accounts.
- Handles security breaches and deceased accounts.
- Assists in initiating wire transfers, stop payments and account
- Promotes and sells third party member protection products.
- Participates in external marketing campaigns/promotions.
- Follows up communication with members via e-mail, phone, or
- Performs other duties as assigned.Performance Standards:
- Provides excellent member service (internally &
- Achieves new accounts and loan production volumes as determined
- Keeps up to date on credit union policies, procedures and
- Performs work with accuracy and completeness.
- Work performed in a timely manner.
- Disputes are resolved within established timeframes.
- No audit issues.
- Comply with all rules/regulations and procedures relating to
member accounts, loan, and IRA information.
QUALIFICATIONS:Education/Certification: High School or GED is
required.Required Knowledge: Basic understanding of MS Office Suite
is desired.Experience Required: One-two years
teller/operations/customer service experience.Skills/Abilities:
Excellent verbal and communication skills. Able to analyze and
problem-solve.Able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.Able
to work independently and make sound decisions. ACTIVITIES AND
REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION:Repetitive Motion: Movements
frequently and regularly required using wrists, hands, and/or
fingers. Communication Skills: Must frequently convey detailed or
important instructions of ideas accurately and quickly.Visual
Abilities: Average visual acuity necessary to read, prepare and
inspect documents or products.Hearing: Able to hear average or
normal conversations and receive information. Physical Strength:
Sedentary work (sitting most of the time). Able to lift and carry
up to 25 lbs.Reasoning Ability: Able to apply common sense
understanding to carry-out detailed instructions and to deal with
problems involving variables.Mathematics Ability: Able to perform
basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying and
dividing using a calculator.Language Ability: Able to write complex
sentences using normal word order with present and past tenses, as
well as a command of the English vocabulary.WORKING
CONDITIONS:Air-conditioned, smoke-free office setting. ATTENDANCE
REQUIREMENTS:Please note that scheduled attendance requirements may
change due to business needs.BUSINESS HOURS:Monday through
Saturday. Business hours are subject to change. Must be able to
work additional hours, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Keywords: University of Hawaii FCU, Honolulu , Banking New Accounts and Loans - Member Services Representative, Sales , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!