Field Sales Representative
Company: Hawaii Medical Service Association
Posted on: May 28, 2023
**Hybrid Work Environment - Must reside in Oahu**
This position serves as the principal HMSA representative in sales
and in developing relationships with employer groups in the small
group market place. This position requires in depth analysis of
employer group needs and corporate direction, and the ability to
align HMSA product offerings and strategic sales initiatives in the
development of group plan proposals.
This position will support overall sales strategies as well as
implement group-specific sales and retention strategies.
- Bachelor's degree and one year of related work experience; or
an equivalent amount of education and related work experience.
- One year successful sales experience and/or customer service
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills with
understanding of group dynamics.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem analysis skills.
- Basic level knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
including but not limited to Excel and PowerPoint. Intermediate
level knowledge of Email (outlook) and Word.
- Active license with the state of Hawaii Department of Commerce
and Consumer Affairs or pass all four sections of the state
licensing examination within three months of hire date. Having an
active license to sell Health, Life and Group Insurance products in
the state of Hawaii is a condition of employment.
- Must have a valid driver's license, with access to an
automobile with current license, registration, and no-fault
insurance for business travel for meetings with employer
groups.Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement account plans that align HMSA products
and strategic objectives to employer groups' objectives and benefit
- Use exceptional selling skills to promote and implement
products and services through various methods, including site
visits, correspondence, telephone, email/internet, power point
presentations, and one-on-one customer service.
- Protect HMSA's market share through the successful renewal and
retention of assigned accounts.
- Meet goals, minimum activity requirements, key performance
metrics and achieve annual sales revenue and membership growth
- Identify, create and implement action plans for all at-risk
- Manage 100-150 accounts and provide solutions based on customer
- Serve as a conduit of HMSA products and services for
- Expand relationship with groups through the sale of new
products; coordinate problem solving associated with group
- Participate in account planning with employer groups.
- Educate employer groups on HMSA and industry trends and the
impact of these trends on cost and utilization.
- Manage internal and external customer relationships to ensure
that employer needs are identified and addressed.
- Work with USAble Life for ancillary product proposal
- Provide input to Marketing department for marketing strategy
- Evaluate customer's business requirements and develop proposals
that meet or exceed customers' requirements.
- Understand and identify the strategic vision and objectives
within the employer group organizations while aligning HMSA
products and services to ensure those business objectives are
- Industry knowledge
- Actively maintain an understanding of the drivers and trends
within HMSA and the healthcare industry that affect HMSA's employer
groups and shape their business and buying decisions.
- Responsible for bringing information about the marketplace,
customer needs perspectives, expectations, demands and requests to
HMSA. (obtain competitor information from within each assigned
- Maintain awareness of competitive activities and opportunities.
Research and communicate marketing and sales intelligence relating
to competition and changes in the marketplace.
- Participate with employee health benefits professional
- Maintain accurate records of all account activity and provide
management with a weekly report on proposal/sales activity,
jeopardy/lost accounts, major servicing issues.
- Performs all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as
assigned or directed
Keywords: Hawaii Medical Service Association, Honolulu , Field Sales Representative, Sales , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...