Electric Service Customer Engineer
Posted on: September 12, 2023
Description Leidos is seeking an Electric Service Customer
Engineer to manage and engineer customer engineering projects from
single family residential to large complex electric service
installations for large residential, commercial, and industrial
customers.The position requires project management skills as well
as knowledge of the principles and practices of electrical
engineering to review and evaluate complex electrical systems. The
candidate will need knowledge of construction standards and
requirements for electrical service connection to give proper
advice, to confirm compliance, and ensure the safe and efficient
use of electric energy.We are looking for candidates in Maui, Kona,
Hilo and Honolulu. Electric Service Customer Engineer/Planner Job
- Maintain effective relationships with client personnel, as well
as property owners, including their consultants and contractors,
and the public.
- Consult with engineers, architects, developers, electrical
contractors, and property owners during the planning, design, and
construction of projects.
- Review plans prepared by engineers, architects, and electrical
- Prepare or analyze engineering reports or studies to assist
customers with their electric service needs.
- Perform on-site inspections of new and revised electrical
installations prior to connection with the distribution
- Coordinate with other client departments to ensure that new or
revised electric service and other customer service needs are
provided in a timely manner.
- Initiate service requests and billing instructions for services
provided, prepare proposals and contracts, and provide on-going
liaison with customers on service and billing.Electric Service
Customer Engineer Basic Qualifications:
- Entry Level: Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with
under two (2) years of prior relevant experience,. may Consider
more years of relative training/equivalent experience in lieu of a
- Mid-Level: Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with two
(2) plus years of prior relevant experience, may Consider more
years of relative training/equivalent experience in lieu of a
- Valid State of Hawaii Driver's License.Electric Service
Customer Engineer Experience and Skills:
- Experience in design, installation, and operation of electrical
distribution systems and/or electrical services in residential,
commercial, and industrial facilities.
- Experience with customer services work involving the
coordination of complex electric service installations.
- Experience working in vaults, around electrical facilities,
switchgear equipment and metering equipment.
- Ability to successfully coordinate projects with customers,
engineers, operators, and metering.
- Ability to deal diplomatically and effectively with customers
and other agencies involved in projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including
ability to write technical requirements documents.
- Knowledge of computer applications such as work and asset
management programs, MicroStation, Bluebeam, GIS, MS Office.
- Ability to organize and prioritize time, decisions, and
- Ability to work independently under time constraints and while
managing multiple customer requests at the same time. PowerDelivery
PDSDELIVERYPDSPM Pay Range: Pay Range $53,300.00 - $82,000.00 -
$110,700.00 The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general
guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary.
Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but
are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos, Honolulu , Electric Service Customer Engineer, Engineering , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!