Veterans Preferred - Area Branch Operations Coordinator
Company: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -R10032218 Area Branch
Operations Coordinator (Open)
Honolulu, HI - Retail shop
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
Position Title: Area Branch Operations Coordinator
Location: Honolulu, HI
The Area Branch Operations Coordinator (ABOC) assists the District
Manager by supporting efforts to improve the safety, profitability,
effectiveness, accuracy, and efficiency of the Area Branch
operations and logistics. The ABOC is responsible for providing
analytics, evaluation and reporting of Branch metrics and pricing
- Ensures Branch associates comply with Safety Management Systems
in conjunction with the Regional Safety Department
- Supports the Branches on the execution of the Accident and
Injury Reduction Plans consistent with Airgas Safety Council and
- Directly manage a team of retail branch managers within
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs) Manual, Safety Management System, SAP
processes and learning tools, Business Warehouse (BW) tools, and
- Responsible for leading Branch associates and ensures
understanding and effective use of these procedures and systems all
- Provides training and conducts audits on Standard Operating
Procedures (SOPs). Shares results with DMs/AVPs.
- Responsible for measuring progress at the branches and
communicating with the AVP and DM.
- Assists with making certain that SAP enhancements, changes,
corrections, reports, and other communication from various
functional leaders is shared with the appropriate associates within
the business Area
- Actively participates in the "cascade" of information to the
branches. This may include policy changes, roll-outs, road shows,
new products or services, safety compliance and other local or
- Supports the Company objective to execute Airgas's Core
Strategy I and II activities in the Branches and throughout the
- Compiles branch metrics for the branches within the District
and identifying and communicating results and sharing best
practices throughout all assigned branches.
- Communicates routinely regarding progress, obstacles, issues,
and process improvement suggestions at the branches. Communicate
with leadership when ineffective or poor processes are identified
that are contributing to transaction inaccuracy or should be
- Responsible for transactional accuracy and SAP
- Promotes effective teamwork, communication and collaboration
between the branch associates, field sales teams, Sales
Specialists, and Business Service Center (BSC) associates.
- Conducts routine visits to Branches direct reports by
identifying and evaluating branch performance, safety compliance,
inventory levels, SOP compliance, and training gaps.
- Other projects/initiatives as assigned
- The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and
responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended
to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to
meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Are you a MATCH?
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of increasing responsibility in
branch retail sales or branch/production operations.
- Prior experience with sales and/or operations in the
distribution industry preferred.
- Prior SAP experience required.
- Experience with logistics, HAZMAT, and DOT preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of Google Suite applications.
- Ability to read and comprehend manuals and documentation such
as material safety data sheets and Standard Operating Procedures
- Considerable independent judgment and initiative are required
in resolving problems and making recommendations.
- Analytical skills and financial acumen for articulating metrics
utilized by sales and the Branches.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence
others and to create cross-functional alignment.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing; listens
effectively and clarifies information as needed; works well with
others in a cross-functional team environment across the
organization knowing who to engage to achieve results. Uses candor
and sensitivity in their dealings with others
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules,
regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position's
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading U.S. supplier of
industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and
related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety
Through the passion and diversity of its 18,000 associates, Airgas
fosters a culture of safety, customer success, sustainability and
innovation. Airgas associates are empowered to share ideas, take
initiative and make decisions.
Airgas is a subsidiary of Air Liquide, a world leader in gases,
technologies and services for Industry and Health. Air Liquide is
present in 78 countries with approximately 64,500 associates
Join us for a stimulating experience: you'll find a world of
learning and development opportunities where inventiveness is at
the heart of what we do, in an open, collaborative and respectful
Airgas offers a full benefits package includes:
Airgas will consider for employment qualified Applicants with
Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive
workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our
customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants,
regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion,
disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly
believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to
express their talent, both individually and collectively and it
helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals,
acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or any other protected characteristic.
Please click here to view the EEO Know Your Rights poster and here
to view the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination poster. Airgas, an
Air Liquide Company invites any applicant and/or employee to review
the Company's written Affirmative Action Plan or Policy Statement.
This plan or policy statement is available for inspection upon
request by contacting Human Resources at 844-myHR4AG
Airgas, an Air Liquide Company and its group of companies does not
discriminate against qualified applicants with disabilities and is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations to the known
disabilities of such individuals so as to ensure equal access to
benefits and privileges of employment. If you are an individual
with a disability and would like to request a reasonable
accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please
contact us by phone at 844-myHR4AG (844-694-7424) or by email to
Keywords: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC, Honolulu , Veterans Preferred - Area Branch Operations Coordinator, Other , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!