AVP, Sales & Marketing, Aqua-Aston Hospitality
Company: Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others'
vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world
premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at
destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver
unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come
true.Business ContextHeadquartered in Honolulu, Hawaii, Aqua-Aston
Hospitality (AAH) has a legacy stretching back to 1948. The company
manages full-service resorts, stylish boutique hotels, select
service properties, and condominium resorts. In addition to its
proprietary brands, Aqua Hotels & Resorts and Aston Hotels &
Resorts, the company is an approved, third-party operator of global
hospitality brands by Marriott International, Hilton Worldwide, and
IHG. Recent property launches for the company include the acclaimed
ADERO Scottsdale, part of the Autograph Collection by Marriott, the
AAA five-diamond ultra-luxe ESPACIO The Jewel of Waikiki, and
Bot--nika Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica's newest Curio Collection by
Hilton and only rainforest condominium resort in the Osa
Peninsula.Aqua-Aston Hospitality is an operating business of
Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation, a leading global vacation
company that offers vacation ownership, exchange, rental, and
resort and property management, along with related businesses,
products, and services. MVW supports Aqua-Aston with certain
corporate resources including, but not limited to, finance and
accounting, legal, human resources, information technology, and
procurement.Position SummaryAs a senior member of the professional
staff, contributes expertise in a discipline (e.g., Accounting,
Finance, Human Resources, Information Resources, Operations
Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) area to support function
and/or discipline objectives. Works with a high degree of
independence, developing short-term goals for own department(s) and
monitoring the flow of work between own department and others in
alignment with broader business objectives, selecting, and
developing effective managers and work teams, and managing own
organization through reliable systems and processes. Is a
recognized authority in area of specialty, often serving as
discipline interface with other areas.Specific Job SummaryReporting
to the Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Aqua-Aston
Hospitality, the Assistant Vice President, Sales & Marketing is
primary responsible for leading and overseeing the planning,
development, and implementation of the Company's direct sales and
marketing strategies. The incumbent acts as a champion in the
design, development, and execution of sales growth strategies and
marketing initiatives for the entire portfolio of managed
- Revenue generation
- High-impact brand marketing and events
- Associate and client satisfaction -Working Relationships
- AAH's Revenue Management Team
- AAH's Property Operations Team
- AAH's Corporate Communications TeamExpected Contributions
- Leveraging knowledge and experience in area of expertise:
- identifies and implements improvements to business processes
prioritizing revenue generation.
- evaluates alternatives and makes judgements on a full range of
- provides ongoing advice and guidance to the business concerning
issues related to area of specialty.
- Manages large and/or multiple departments, processes and/or
projects that have a broader function and/or discipline impact.
Generally, influences work of cross-functional or extended
- Makes department/multi-department resource decisions that have
a financial impact as well as an impact on meeting discipline
and/or business goals.
- Assists Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing in achieving
business results by:
- contributing to the development of long-term function and/or
- sharing relevant information to help others understand and
support business objectives.
- achieving results against budget within scope of
- building relationships across the organization to align own
technical area with broader organization direction and facilitate
own function and discipline goals.
- contributing on a regular basis to operating efficiencies by
recommending new and creative business management techniques.
- removing barriers to achieve greater performance.
- Readily critiques own behavior to acknowledge mistakes, improve
future leadership performance, and acts independently to improve
and increase skills and knowledge.Specific Expected Contributions
- Leads and manages the planning, development, and execution of
AAH's direct sales and marketing strategies/plans for all the
- Lead and manages the corporate sales management team and
partners with property management teams to achieve AAH revenue
goals. Responsibilities include direct sales, advertising, direct
marketing, collateral, tradeshows, sales training, and performance
- Accomplishes business development activities by researching and
developing marketing opportunities and plans; develop and implement
- Sets appropriate metrics for sales pipeline management and in
collaboration with Operations and Revenue Management, determines
competitive sets for each property in the company. Directs market
channel development activities. Oversees, evaluates, and adjusts
marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive
- Develops and maintains the overall hotel revenue maximization
plan for the company with an emphasis on developing direct channels
of business. Collaborates with Revenue Management Team to ensure
that RevPAR share continues to grow company wide. Responsible for
maximizing direct business and achieving marketing and sales goals.
Provides recommendations to company strategic plans; prepares
action plans for approval as needed and implementation.
- Monitors all direct sales and marketing activities, e.g.,
online, and offline marketing, campaigns, and third-party
partnerships, etc., to ensure each is achieving an acceptable
return on investment.
- Meets marketing and sales financial objectives through
forecasting requirements; prepares an annual budget, scheduling
expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective
actions as appropriate.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals
- Determines annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and
developing annual sales measurements. Projects expected sales
volume and profit for existing and new products; analyzes trends
and results; establish pricing strategies, monitors costs and
- Collaborates with hotel or property owners to develop
strategies, policies, and objectives to achieve sales and marketing
results at each property. Collaboration activities include
delivering effective communications and presentations to hotel and
condominium owners, rental advisory committees, and property boards
- Works closely and collaboratively Team HQ associates, and
property management teams.
- Performs other similar duties as assigned.Candidate
ProfileSuccessful candidates should possess knowledge and
experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship
skills as follows:Typically, a senior position requiring
significant knowledge and experience in one or more disciplines as
well as associate and/or organizational management experience.
College degree required. Advance degree or professional
certification may also be required.Specific Candidate Profile
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Administration,
Hospitality, Communications, Creative Writing, or related
discipline or equivalent work experience.Related Work Experience
- At least 10 years of progressive experience responsible for
enterprise-wide sales or marketing.
- At least five years managing team preferred.
- Experience in Hotel Management, Vacation Ownership, Hospitality
- Experience in a matrix structured organization preferred.
-Skills and Attributes
- Strategic mindset with an ability to make difficult decisions.
Passion for strategic involvement in the creation and execution of
departmental and company-wide goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing trends and practices within
the industry. Strong knowledge of sales and marketing resources
policies, practices, and procedures.
- Proven skills building and nurturing relationships at all
levels of the organization through collaboration, negotiation, and
mentoring. Integrates and balances priorities, work activities and
resources for the benefit of multiple key stakeholders.
- Proven ability to proactively influence and shape the thinking
that drives the right type of decision making to garner positive
- Proven leadership, management, and communication skills
creating a work environment where associates are empowered and
aligned action or purpose. Understands how to manage in a
culturally diverse work environment.
- High level of facilitation, oral presentation, and training
skills. Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Skilled in decision-making and conflict resolution in a fast
paced, continuously changing, customer focused environment.
Flexibility, adaptability, and capability to manage and prioritize
multiple and conflicting priorities and tasks. Computer literacy on
Microsoft Office products, e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
TeamsMarriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer
committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive
Keywords: Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Honolulu , AVP, Sales & Marketing, Aqua-Aston Hospitality, Sales , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!